OK, I’m now actually more than a little worried about what’s going on with this stimulus bill. A bit of background first. There are always people out there that are freaking out, no matter what the government is doing. The end is always nigh, as long as you go looking for the doomsayers. They have been right once in the past 100 years — the Great Depression. Every other time? Wrong. What’s potentially different this time than all the times they’ve been wrong in the past? This huge stimulus package that congress is about ready to pass? Of almost 100 trillion dollars? It’s all just extra dollars that they (the Fed and the federal government) created out of thin air (thank you Disciplined Investor podcast for explaining this for me). Why is that scary? You know, other than the fact that Zimbabwe and other crackpot dictatorships do this regularly? It puts massive inflationary pressures on our economic system. You think this is all free money, since your taxes aren’t going up to pay for it? You will, it’ll just be invisible, due to less purchasing power for your dollar over the next several years. This is not good. At all. Maybe there will be other huge pressures countering the inflationary pressure — I don’t know. I hope so. I just get the feeling that there’s a butcher’s bill coming due at some point, and we’re not going to be able to avoid it completely.
- Another Milestone for Grace
- Upgrade to a New iMac
- U-Pack Packed
- New Beginnings
- Rands nails it. Especially his point about outsoucing design to your customers.
- Great video of.. Life@Jive!
- Great video explaining what Jive Software does!
- Whereas I completely missed the 31 Heroes CrossFit WOD yesterday, I did a first: ran my first 5K on …
- Going away party for one of the two founders of Jive Software, Bill Lynch. Thanks, Bill!
- Every time I read something new from Tracker Earth, I get more and more impressed. This post underlines…